Thursday, August 21, 2014

More Frustrating Than You Could Imagine



I often try to be positive in my blog writings.  But having a muscle disorder is more frustrating than you could imagine.  I try to overlook the agitation I feel when something is difficult for me… and eventually it all just sort of spills out.  

Take last week for example.  I finally ordered new pictures to replace the pictures I currently had in a frame on my wall.  The frame is wooden with slots for 8 pictures, four going horizontally and four vertically.  It took me a while to pick out the pictures I wanted to put into the frame, and then had to wait for them to arrive in the mail.  As soon as I received them, I took the frame off the wall and organized the pictures in the frame so that the colors and intensity seemed balanced.  That was all fine- took me about five minutes.  Getting the frame back on the wall was another story.

Since I’m not super tall I already have trouble hanging things.  Weakening arm and shoulder muscles don't help either.  I had to move my desk out of the way to reach where the frame was hanging.  The nails were still in the wall so I thought I could just figure out how it was hanging and get it back up there.  It was not so easy.  I could only get one of the two nails in the right place while the frame kept sliding down the wall.  I was able to catch it several times… until I didn’t.  I could have predicted that was going to happen.  

The frame obviously broke.  And I, in turn, had a small breakdown.  Because sometimes it just sucks to not be able to do something so simple as hanging a damn frame on a wall.  

I can probably fix the frame with wood glue, or get a new frame, but I will need to ask someone’s help to hang it up.  I just never get used to asking for help with something that I should be able to do myself. 

...Having a muscle disorder is more frustrating than you could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment